Sibling Bonding


We're two weeks in and doing well. Sorin has been a very good big brother, very sweet and kind. He pats Norah's head whenever he passes her, or puts his head on her for a 'hug.' When he goes to bed he says good night to her and 'kisses' her (he makes the kissing motion but never quite makes contact). It is very cute and we sincerely hope it continues ; ).
I think it has been the hardest on me feeling my attentions being so divided. I did not expect to feel sad about that but I really can't give Sorin the attention that I have with having to give Norah so much care. I have had to try very hard not to feel bad about that. I am continuing to accept that this is natural and I will grow into this role of mother of two. There is an underlying sadness though. It does not help things that I can't lift him up (because of having had a c-section) but that, as well, will soon change. Change is hard, but good. And here is a glimpse of the overarching good:







0 comments:

Post a Comment