Mother's Day 2010











We're in a great season of life where there are so many firsts. I remember our first Mother's day 2008 when we were only pregnant with Sorin. Then of course last year we had Sorin with us but he didn't contribute much to the day except a couple dirty diapers and some naps.

But this year included some great firsts. I enjoyed shopping for a card and flowers with Sorin the day before Mother's Day, so that everything was in the house when mom woke up. My favorite part was having Sorin hold the marker as he and I wrote "To Mom, From Sorin." Then I actually let him scribble his own little "art" all over the middle of the card. Hey, it was a better contribution than last year's diapers.

We celebrated Mother's Day with a nice breakfast at the house. Then we went to the Arboretum for a walk and fresh air. It was a beautiful day and Sorin had a great time running around while we pushed Norah. What a joy to have two children this year. Of course this is also another of our firsts. It felt a little more like a family with two kids; more full, more complete.

After the Arboretum we went to my parents' house for a family meal. Then it was back to the house for afternoon naps. When I think of Mother's Day, I think how hard Katie works at what she does. No one sees what I see: all the thought, care, and effort she puts into her family. The other night I told her she's a pro. That's literally how I think of her efforts as a parent. She's so thorough at what she does. She makes me proud and she brings me comfort in regards to the well being of our family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment