Two Years


Our boy is TWO. When I say it, it sounds so young, but as I interact with him, I keep thinking, '...he's getting so old...' It is a strange and wonderful thing, watching your child grow. He seems to be growing so fast now that he is starting to talk. We waited and waited for him to 'get it' and start saying words, let alone putting them together, wondering what it would be like to talk to him... and now we know. It is a joy and we are surprised every day by the new words he says and how he figures out how to put together. It is not a lot yet but it is coming. A little too fast sometimes. The other day he said a word that I didn't know that he knew (I think it was puppy) he was looking at one of his books and said it as plain as day. When he said it I was so happy and then my heart stopped for a minute and I thought to myself - no no no! this is happening too fast! I can't ever get this back! Puppy. You never know what it is that is going to get you... what's going to give you that strong jolt of a reality. There is just barely any baby left in him at all - he's all boy.


He LOVES the color blue, he loves to chase us around the living room, he loves baby einstein movies (maybe a little too much) (he sleeps with a Baby Einstien Baby Bach VHS tape of all things) (only during nap time). His favorite food is, I'm pretty sure, tomatoes and popsicles (home-made frozen smoothie). I'm going to have to cut him off from the tomatoes cause things haven't been looking too good in the diaper area lately. He just discovered that you can pick the red ones right off the vine in Grandpa Dave's garden and pop them right in your mouth. Pure fun.


He loves his mama, and he loves his dada, he LOVES Norah, and he loves his grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles. He loves being outside, he's very enthusiastic about presents, which made the birthday really fun, and he loves to pretend that he's driving the car (for hours if we let him - which we don't). Gosh... was there ever life before him? I think so, but I can hardly remember. I could go on and on and on and on. Thank God for him, our fun, happy, lovely little boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment