Baby Girl


Well (hopefully) our little chick will be here any day now... I am 39 weeks and ready to go. All is done and now we wait... I cannot tell you how fun it has been to wash little pink things and to sew with hot pink thread, to knit with pink yarn!!! I cannot wait to see what she looks like, to hold her and call her by her name, and - I think most of all - to have Sorin meet her. I feel like this is one of the best gifts he'll ever get - a little baby sister! Our lives will soon change and we won't be able to remember what it was like before... with her comes a new beginning, a new capacity for us to love and care for someone else - it does not seem possible. So hurry up little girl!


Here are some of the preparations:














The crib is set out and Grandma Susie made a beautiful pink toile quilt - much to my delight!!!


...And here is a mobile that I made


And some tiny hats... one must take up knitting once one finds out one is having a girl...




And here is a little pinifore that I made... sorry the picture is sideways, a little glitch in the system - maybe just turn your head??







2 comments:

Kate said...

So exciting!!

Aunt Sue said...

How sweet to read this...I remember waiting for you daughter:)

Post a Comment