Little Green Ball


Ever since Sorin has started to move around and play with toys, I've looked forward to playing "catch" with a ball.  In reality, I've looked forward to "catch with my son" for many years.  And now those times are upon us.

Sports have always held a warm place in my heart.  I grew up playing sports, attending professional sports, and watching even more sports on TV.  Sports were a critical component to my childhood and a significant contributor to who I am today.  Sports helped me make friends, kept me healthy and strong, taught me discipline, and instilled self-confidence.

So when Sorin and I start playing with a little green ball on the floor of our living room, I know it's the start of something special.

Right now Sorin does a couple things with the ball.  He's learned the commands "ball to Sorin" and "ball to Daddy."  For the most part the ball is rolled.  Sometimes he'll toss it up in the air more than roll it; the ball dribbles in front of him and he tries again.  Luckily he hasn't launched it across the room yet.  The other thing he likes to do is come up right in front of me and slam the ball into my hand.  Then he puts his empty hand out and I slam it into his.


The little green ball is actually a bouncy ball, so it's pretty hard and we're probably one bad toss away from something breaking.  I plan to get him a better indoor ball and continue to play catch with my boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment