a word about the girl...


Our little baby girl is (as you can see) getting bigger and bigger as the weeks go on. I have been pregnant for 30 weeks now. Seems like forever. According to the experts she weighs about 3 lbs and is anywhere from 14 to 17 inches long. She is very sensitive to her surroundings and has definite sleep and waking patterns that are not necessarily in tune with her mother's (this is true)... they say that now is the time that she starts positioning herself for exit by easing and resting her head on mother's pelvic bone. (I really do hope this happens... this little girl has been sitting up and kicking straight down and many times it is painful to WALK). They say that her brain is developing fast and that her brain is training her eyes for opening and her lungs for breathing - she can differentiate light and darkness and can track a light source. Her eyelashes are fully grown as well as her eyebrows and she will continue to add fat and grow round (not necessarily long).

Amazing.

So I am feeling the nearness, now, of this baby being born. I am accumulating clothes for her, and blankets, and other pretty things. I decided that I am going to try my hand at making her things like dresses, bibs, bedding, a mobile, maybe some hats... I better prioritize... : ) so I've gathered together my pretty fabric and got out a needle and thread:















Very exciting. A girl!!!! I will be sure to keep you posted ; ) on my progress...

1 comments:

Tina said...

Hey Katie!! So great to see you. . :) You look so great! Congratulations on another sweet baby!
Love, Tina

Post a Comment